Tuesday, January 13, 2015

We All Fail Sometimes

Funny, I sit here worried about what I say because it might trigger another hate letter in the mail from my anonymous friend (I use the word "friend" loosely here.).

I shouldn't be worried.  I shouldn't let people intimidate me because of what they think.

You know, we all fail sometimes.  It is allowed.  It is a human type thing to do.  This is how we learn.  We make mistakes.  We fail at things.

I have failed quite a bit in the last twelve months.  I am not afraid to admit it.  

“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” - Robert F. Kennedy

This doesn't mean that I failed on purpose.

I made an attempt at living a life I thought I wanted.  I mean, I do like living in the country and having a nice car and a good job.  But these things all came with a price.  The price was both monetary and mentally.

I am not going to rehash what I failed at.

What needs to happen is a new plan, a new vision board, a new direction.

I am sure it is going to take some time.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  Hell, I am pretty sure that it wasn't even built in a month.

I've already made a big step in going back to a job a enjoy.  I find great satisfaction in working hard, seeing results and hearing feedback on what I have done.  I enjoy talking to different people.  I find the greatest joy in this.

“Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” - Denis Waitley 

The hardest part is going through the bad to get to the good.  

1 comment:

  1. That is a good update Julie. I am glad you like your new job.

    ReplyDelete