Tuesday, November 25, 2014

This Year's Christmas Letter

Usually this time of year I think about what to write about in my Christmas letter.

I am one of those old school people who send cards with letters in them with actual postage stamps and everything.

I often think my letters are boring.  Well, except that one year when I told everyone that my son was an European soccer star and my 8 year old daughter ran off to marry the prince of some unknown country.  Yes, I actually did write all that since it was amusing and it wasn't the standard "everyone is just great" letter.

This year has been a bad one as far as years go.

I lost my home.  I lost my job.  I lost a battle with the health insurance company and my surgery was denied.

Sometimes I have half a mind to write all of that in the letter.  Family and friends have no idea what kind of crap happens over here.

I always think that the new year will be different, better some how.  It just never seems to get any better.

Oh well...

Maybe I will just write a poem:

Jingle Bells, Santa smells...
This year kinda sucked
Hoping next year is better.

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment