Friday, June 26, 2015

Is There a Flag for That?

I am just frustrated with my country and most of its people these days.

I am not gay nor am I getting married so I just don't give a shit about who can get married or not.  I honestly don't think anyone should get married these days.  Love shouldn't be bound by a piece of paper.

I also think that it isn't 1862 and I don't live in the South.  I don't give a shit about flags.  I really don't.  If it offends you, get over it.  Strong odors offend me, you don't hear me bitching about that.

Good grief people.

There is so many other things that should be a concern other than what other people are doing or what offends them.

I work hard everyday.  I like what I do.  I don't complain about bruises and tired arms.  What bothers me is that I what I make per hour isn't even enough to throw me over the poverty level.  I also don't qualify for aid or help.  I have kids to support and bills to pay.

Why can't we fix that?  Why can't we have poor people parades?  Why can't poor people wave a freaking flag?

Don't even get me started on affordable health care.  I pay for my health insurance and I also have medical bills thanks to my affordable health care.  I would like to hear a valid definition of what is considered "affordable".

Seriously...

America has so many homeless people.  America has so many unemployed.

I see so many kids these days post with poor grammar and spelling.  They can't do basic math.  I don't even think they learn history to even understand the issues today and where they stem from.

Why can we fix that?

Crazies are toting guns into places and shooting whoever they please.  I hear cries of gun control.  What about controlling the crazies?

Why does this happen?  Where is the flag for that?  How about a parade?

Why does no one really care about the important things?

I honestly think our priorities are in the wrong places.






1 comment:

  1. As usual, right on point Julie. We can fix anything we want, but unfortunately that is the royal we, and most of us are just along for the ride. Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket? The national we is more interested in reelecting the same clowns every cycle, pointing at each other and taking belfies. All I can say is: Chin up! Unless you're too exhausted from busting your ass to pay your taxes to support the rich. In that case... Well, I got nothing. Maybe try to take a nap. Tomorrow is a new day, ripe with the opportunity for disappointment and frustration. But also with the opportunity for amazing. Believe in amazing, At the very least, luck favors the prepared mind. Yeah I stole that from a Steven Segal movie, you got a problem with that? I'm not proud.

    ReplyDelete