Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bad Teeth

As I sit here, my numbing is wearing off.  I can feel it start to throb.  I have tears.  I've been in pain for quite some time.  I never say anything about it since I am embarrassed.

I have a huge fear of the dentist.  It has been this way for many years stemming back to childhood.

The pain got to me and I saw a new dentist today in hopes to have the pain relieved. My coworkers highly recommended him.

I sat in the chair and started to shake.  My fear was overwhelming.  He was so good about me being a baby and understood that there are people like me who have had such bad experiences.

I get numbed up and had xrays.  He examined my teeth.  I braced myself.

Bad news.....it isn't an easy fix.

I waited too long and not just one tooth is the root of the problem but four.

And.....they have to come out.

I started to cry.

He quickly reassured me that an oral surgeon can knock me out and remove them and then we can get implants.

I sat there with worry.

How in the hell am I going to pay for it?

Who is going to drive me to surgery?

Are the implants going to hurt?

To top it off, I couldn't have anything done today except start antibiotics as one tooth is ugly infected.  The other three are badly broken.

So penicillin and Oxycontin it is until I can get to the oral surgeon. 

ugh.....

This totally sucks.

5 comments:

  1. Teeth are the worst. Almost as expensive as dying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sad but true, this keeps up, all I can afford is a cardboard box to be buried in

      Delete
  2. Thank you for letting me share my experience with my local dentist. We had to say goodbye to our regular dentist after 30 years, and I was so nervous getting a new dentist. He was everything and more that we have been used to getting, and I can say that we could not be happier with his gentle approach to dental work.

    Milan Keeton @ Irvinetustin Dental Implants

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teeth can be the absolute worst nightmare. Sorry to hear of the troubles. Keep your chin up, my husband has to go for a root canal in the next few weeks and he is also not looking forward to the procedure, it can be painful for several months after. Keep up all the hards work with writing this blog, thanks.

    Leslie Robertson @ Masterpiece Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can tell you is that even though you are in pain now . . . imagine if you had put this off any longer. The fact that you are having it addressed now means that it will not be such a severe issue in the past requiring even more work. In time this will all be behind you.

    Marco @ Natural Dentistry

    ReplyDelete