Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Single Like Sliced Cheese

Love lasts for but a moment like a ripple on a small, solitary puddle.

I fell in love not just once, but twice.  Both times left me scarred and broken.  The second, I have yet to heal from.  The first has chosen to resurface but I am numb.  I choose not to respond.

I was married twice but didn't love once.  A sad fact.  Perhaps I had hoped but love to come  Hard to say, it was a long time ago.

Love is difficult, love is blind.  Love is a fickle bitch.

I am reminded of my failures by the candy coated bullshit that graces store shelves.  Reminding us that the day of love is just around the corner.  I want to scream and pull the pink and red from the aisles, tossing it to the floor, where my heart once laid.

Perhaps I am bitter.  Love failed me.  Love was hidden in lies and promises.  I no longer trust love.

I am single like sliced cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment