Tuesday, March 28, 2017

An Open Message to Mike

You know....I loved you once.

Once upon a time long ago.  Back when I trusted everything you said. 

I believed that you had loved me too. I loved you deeply and completely.  I opened myself up to you.  I never loved anyone else as much as I did you. Honestly, I didn't see myself with any other man, ever.  I looked forward to a future with you.  

You were my one and only.

Then you left.

Not just once, but twice.

Broken heart each fucking time.

I used to be a very forgiving person.  I used to trust too.  I used to be a lot of things.

Lots of past tense words, eh?

I am not that person any more.

You text me now.  You say you miss "talking" to me.

Texting isn't talking.

The fact is, I don't miss you.  I don't miss your sweet words.  I don't miss your fine talk.  I don't miss our private little jokes.  I don't miss any more of your sugar coated bull shit.


I deserve much better.

At first I couldn't figure out why, after all these years, did you choose to miss me all of a sudden.  I was baffled as to why you would poke at my heart again with an email.  

Then it dawned on me and I did some digging.  

I think you forgot how cleverly, smart I am.

I see that she's divorcing you.



No comments:

Post a Comment